If you are a teacher, administrator, or technology specialist that would like to learn more about the many free, online tools that can be used to enhance your teaching, then consider yourself personally invited to join us for round 2 of Open Professional Development - Social Software in the Classroom. Round 1
was such a success that we'd love to have you learn with us and look forward to an exciting, open, and collaborative experience.
- When - Class will be held once a week (for five weeks) beginning Wednesday, January 23rd. Class sessions will be held from 4:30-7:15 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time. Click here to translate these times to your time zone.
- Skype - If you don't have a Skype account, you will want to create one ahead of time (free), as Robin Ellis will be moderating a Skype chatroom throughout the class. To join in, send her a quick message through Skype: robin.ellis1. We recommend you use a headset for the conversations throughout the course, using one will minimize the echoing effect you may experience.
- Class Wiki - Our class wiki (with schedule and future participant portfolios) will be available here: http://openpd.wikispaces.com/. To join in on the action, please join our class wiki.
- Attendance - For teachers not receiving in-service credit, perfect attendance is not required.
- Come One, Come All - While this class is intended to help newbies learn more about the educational uses of Web 2.0 technologies, experienced users are equally welcome (and appreciated, as the sum of our knowledge is what truly makes these new technologies so appealing).
Hopefully, I'll see you soon!