I recently came across a few long-standing blogs that never crossed my path during my Google searches, and I was thinking that a Classroom 2.0 discussion about blog-sharing might be helpful, since we are members of "the social network for educators using collaborative technologies".

If you have a blog you'd like to share, either your own, or one that you'd recommend, post a reply with a link to the blog, the author's name, the focus of the blog, and perhaps a few words about why you find it interesting or useful.

Update: Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/lynnmarentette
Here are my blogs:

TechPsych
Interactive Multimedia Technology

I have another blog that I use to post my reflections about what I'm learning in my mid-life journey as a computer/tech student:
The World Is My Interactive Interface

(I changed the name of the blog to reflect my current topics.)

Update 6/15/10
It has been a very busy school year!  The exciting news is that one of my schools has a multi-touch SMARTTable, and every classroom has an interactive whiteboard.  The teachers worked very hard to ramp up their IWB skills and I'm amazed at how quickly this interactive technology was adopted.    Of course, interactive applications and websites are pretty awesome on a huge screen or display!    The best part is that this technology has opened up the minds of a good number of students with severe autism characteristics.

In April, I participated in a workshop at ACM's 2010 CHI conference. The topic of the workshop focused on the next generation of human-computer interaction and education.

I also joined the SparkOn group, "a social platform for people that are sparked (inspired) by creative and emergent technologies"

Tags: 2.0, Classroom, blog, blogging, collaborating, edublog, networking, odiogo, sharing, social, More…technology, web

Views: 1662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea, Patricia! Thanks!
I still will add the blogs to my "Edublogger..." post on my TechPsych blog, and highlight them in future posts as I go through them.
My professional/personal blog is at http://googtweetblog.edublogs.org
my classroom blog is at http://mrsolson.edublogs.org
a blog project i'm involved in is at http://youngbloggers.edublogs.org

I look forward to reading more of the blogs linked here!
I will be making a concerted effort to update my blog more often!

The Masterplan
A lot of this has already been done at the "Support Blogging" wiki.
That's true, although some links at SupportBlogging are now dead and, although it is a wiki, I wonder how many people are using it as a resource?
Maybe some of us will go there and add our links.
There are so many good examples of sites both here and there.
Kevin
The Support Blogging wiki lists a lot of blogs, but I think we need something with a interactive visual interface, sort of like a concept map. It could allow for quick searching according to theme, content, region, bloggers, and characteristics of the blogger. It could also provide provide information about the network between the bloggers.

I think there are some free applications out there. One that costs $$$$ is Trampoline System's Sonar . It is similar to what I had in mind. It provides an interactive visual network/concept map, the "visualizer", that makes it easy to find information.

During the development stage of Sonar, Trampoline took data from the emails for various people at Enron before the melt-down. The emails were categorized according to content, theme, and recipient. You can play with the Enron Explorer to see how it works.
Hi, This is our class blog.... Doris3m EFL Center... we also are part of International Collaboration Ning Community started by Nellie Deutch. Teachers are invited to join us and bring their students, too. If you want to join us let us know....the more... the more international collaboration we are going to get....

Keep on shining!
Lynn,
Just in time for sharing the work. Now we all have a great place to help answer the question, "Why should I learn about blogging?"
iSURFFers - Students Ready For the Future

This blog documents our journey with web2.0 tools in the elementary technology lab and classrooms.

I read many of the blogs here and am looking forward to seeing more shared here.
Thank you,
JoNelle
For the convenience of everyone, I have added all links added so far to a single web page. Using an RSS Feed Reader, members can subscribe to all blogs with a single click. Here is the page. If you want more info. on how to do this, shoot me a line. I'm happy to help. If links are missing, let me know. Cheers! A
Thanks, Andrew.

I posted a link to your page from the Facebook Classroom 2.0 group page.
Here is my blog ... which also showcases popular bloggers in technology and education

Nice faces, Frank.
(And nice blog, too)
Kevin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service