I am looking to get together one class from each US state to exchange postcards with -the end result would be that each class ends up with a postcard and a peek into each state of our country. As a class we would generate a letter that highlights great things about our school, city, and state. Each student makes two copies and adds whatever details they wish. The letter along with a postcard gets mailed in an envelope. If you are interested, I will put together a list of all who respond and send it out. During the school year I plan on putting each postcard on the classroom map as well as on our class website by regions. I think this will help keep students excited about social studies all year long. In the past I have had the class bring one or two stamps to cover the cost of mailing.

Tags: USA, postcards, regions, states

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are the states we have already. Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri,New Jersey,New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, Some of the states we have are only sending a postcard. That is great also.
Tracy,

This sounds like a project that I might be interested in taking part in. Can you tell me what age range you teach? Thanks! -Tricia
I'd like to pass thing along to the SS teacher in my school. What age range are you doing this with?

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service