Our school is redesigning our website, and our principal has encouraged us to be creative in designing our individual web pages. Does anyone use a free website hosting outside of their school? I have heard of schoolnotes.com, and have seen several blogs and a wiki, but I am not sure which way I want to go yet. A blog or wiki seems to limit some of what can be done (I think... still new to this), but I am just open to ideas at this point.

Tags: website

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shauna, you might want to also check out Ed-line. We use it at our school, and have noticed that it offers everything our teachers need. It's also nice because teachers have individual pages, for each class, where they in turn can sort online documents, quizzes, etc. This gives them a much clearer overview than if they have one site where everything is tossed together. Remember any web builder will have limitations, but this also keeps the up-upkeep of the sites easier on the teachers. In edline you can upload files (max 15 mb, I think), assign homework, build quizzes and surveys for the students to take online, have students turn in electronic files, and have online discussions. For more things such as podcasting and blogging, we usually link to an external site. One of the main reasons we opted to go with Ed-line is because they also work closely with Gradequick, grading software that we have been using for years.

www.edline.com

to give you an idea on how edline sites look: http://www.edline.net/pages/Taylor_County_High_School
...but it is not free. Of course, you get what you pay for!
I missed that it needs to be free. Iweb's also a great alternative - completely free with a nice choice of design, but only an option if you have access to an Apple computer.
I use the website wetpaint.com It is a very easy site to design your own website. The editing of each page is very simple. You can have a website up and running in less than 5 minutes. Also, you can have your students log on to the website and upload their own projects. Let me know if you need any help in regard to using this website. I'm not an expert, but I do use their services. And, it is free to use.

Mel J. Janousek
You can also look at www.parentella.com
I use Google Sites. It's super easy to keep updated and I like the simplicity. Although I will be teaching Web Design and could do a lot more, I wanted something practical.

http://classroom.lengsas.com
good idea.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service