The Top Eleven Things All Teachers Must Know About Technology
Teach Paperless, Shelly Blake-Plock
- Technology is not a monolith.
- Technology is not a monolith, but many technology providers are monolithic.
- The Digital Age is not going away.
- Meeting strangers is a good thing.
- This ain’t your pappy’s technology.
- The Digital Divide is not the result of technology being expensive.
- The most important thing we can do right now as teachers is to be campaigners and advocates and organizers for free universal Wi-Fi Internet access.
- When it comes to authentic tech integration, parents are the best friends a teacher can have.
- Kids need to be taught digital citizenship.
- Specific devices and tech apps become obsolete.
- You must be fearless.
I think we should be mindful of Blake-Plock's ideas here. These are just the big ideas. You need to read the rest. Visit his blog and read the discussion too. Perhaps the most important point is that technology is manageable and we do not need to be fearful.