I've been tasked with auditing our entire teaching staff (large high school in Sheffield, UK) on their technology skills, as we'll soon be delivering training on the new equipment we'll be getting as part of a school rebuild.
Looking some general advice, really! I've listed the areas I'm thinking of covering below, and the scale that I'll be using (it'll be going out to staff as a Google Docs form). Any tips or suggestions would be most welcome!
I've tried to cater for teachers who can use the equipment, but would appreciate some more advice on how to use it in the classroom - as I'd imagine this is where many teachers would appreciate help.
1 - no idea
2 - some experience
3 - confident, but could use more ideas for use in classroom
4 - completely confident using in classroom
Area headings (obviously there will be specific things under each of these)
- Basic computer operations
- Basic use of word, powerpoint to create resources
- Use of interactive whiteboard
- Use of the internet (VLE, online video, online audio)
- Use of digital media in the classroom (Flip cams, audio recorders, digital cameras)