Hi All,

I am curious to know about what software are the schools using to connect with parents. I still get announcements on printed paper in backpack of my kid - which is neither cost effective nor safe.

Are there software that schools are using currently? And what would schools/teachers/principals look for in such software?

Also, is there is term that defines such a software, I have had many unsuccessful attempts on google to find any.

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think both play a role. Difficult to show parents how technology plays an important role in daily life. Perhaps a meeting or a course for parents can be held to open their minds. As I mentioned before, time and effort necessary to ensure the success of confusion.
Hello,

There are quite a few web based curriculum resources that schools can use to start the school to home connection. Here in Oklahoma quite a few schools are using Destination Reading and Math ( Houghton Mifflin Harcourt product) delivered via an open portal so students can recieve explicit instruction for their reading and math skills. I also know a few schools who use Study Island. In both cases, the teachers send home the student's login information and they can login from home and complete their assignments. Parent Nights are also a popular way to engage parents and teach them how to use the online web based curriculum.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service