I have been asked to sit in on a district meeting to plan for technology in a new elementary school that is being built next year. My district has been proactive in providing technology resources. It's a given that each class will have a teacher laptop, an LCD projector, a SMART Board, a document camera, and an audio system. 1-to-1 computing is not an option financially. All of our other schools have about 2 wired computer labs and at least 1 desktop in each class. Here are some questions:
* If we go with labs, should we used desktops or laptops?
* Would a different model, perhaps 5 laptops or netbooks in each class be better than a lab?
* What other equipment should be provided? (I'm going to push for some MP3 players.)
* In thinking about emerging technologies, what needs to be considered for the future?
* What questions do I need to ask district leaders?
* What else would you want in a "dream" school in the realm of technology?
All feedback will be appreciated!
Tags: computers, edtech, equipment, school
<![if !IE]>▶<![endif]> Reply to This