I teach 7th, 8th, and 9th language arts. I am looking for new fresh ideas for integrating technology into the classroom. Have been doing this for 8 years and need something new and exciting to try for my benefit and that of my students.

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

What are some things that you have done with tech so far? What kinds of programs/activities have you used?
I use all of the Microsoft Office stuff, Dreamweaver, Photoshop Elements, I Movie, Garage Band, Sketch-Up, Inspiration as the main software. I use those applications for their usual purposes as well as many other ones as well. Powerpoint I use for about everything except presentations. I try to create projects in my subject area that utilize the technology aspect along with my curriculum. I have used web quests as they are already created and I used that as my starting point when first starting with technology. We have created I Movie projects, podcasts, historical papers, children's books in Powerpoint and then turn into html and publish to the web. This is just a basic list of what I have completed. If you would like more details, let me know.
Karen, Do you have some of your student's projects online that I could show for examples?
Sandra
My language arts partner and I use email from gaggle.net for our kids. We like this web site because the email is free and secure. We don't have to worry about kids getting inappropriate emails. If anything seems out of line to gaggle, you get a copy of the email first. Just watch how your settings or you will be unblocking emails left and right.
Hi Karen. I teach 7th grade English. I use an online forum (Fusetalk) for writing workshop with my students, as a place for reading responses and as a "research central" where they can exchange links. It's been very successful and the students are highly motivated. I see them online on the forum working on English assignments in the evenings and on weekends.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service