What was the best part about getting together with fellow Colorado educators? What surprised you about Learning 2.0? What will you be thinking about as you go back to your own educational setting? Will you learn differently? Will you teach differently?

Tags: 2.0, Learning, Teaching

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

The Constructivist Teaching with Technology session was absolutely amazing! One day, when the technological means are actually available to me, I will try the "fish bowl".
You can still do the fishbowl without the technology, which will help you be an expert "fishbowler" before the technology gets to you.
After spring break, we'll begin The Outsiders in my regular LA class and Speak in my honors class, and I would like to try fishbowl with these novels. My honors students have blogs, so I could have them reflect online. Perhaps I could set up another blog for my regular classes and have them reflect in the comments.

What resources (online or otherwise) would you recommend? I'd really like to do this right. Anne Smith stated that it takes quite a bit of work getting the students ready to dialogue meaningfully.

My 8th grade honors blog is here.
I learned a lot about how to talk to the teachers I train at my school for retooling their teaching skills. Better yet, I'm hoping to get a group of teachers at my school who want to be trained for constructivist teaching. This is exciting.
The best part, for me, was the validation I received on the place Web2.0 tools have in education and the classroom. So often I've felt like a lone voice in a school that should be on the leading edge of technological familiarity. At Learning 2.0, I found, not only others in a similar role, but others who have been incrementally successful in integrating these tools into their learning environments.

I also valued meeting two of the edubloggers who continue to inspire me through their actions and writings: Ben Wilkoff, and Karl Fisch.

Finally, I saw and experienced several techniques I'd like to implement when planning our next school conference: having wireless access meant being able to follow along on powerpoints (and move forward and back within those, for clarification); and participate in live blogging, and share links and ideas immediately, as well as for future reference. I'd definitely like to do more of this.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service