please feel free to post any questions, comments, developments, or experiences !

Tags: 3D, Croquet, Metaverse, Secondlife

Views: 104

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much for the invitation to this highly interesting group! So far I have been collecting experience in SL, but I find your Croquet application very interesting also and hope to learn more about it in the next time.

(One of my English videos about SL: http://www.youtube.com/v/21hYtp6zBOE)
Hi Rich
Is their anybody working on integrating Moodle and croquet, I know some work is being done with integrating Moodle and Second Life - "sloodle"
Hi Nathan,

Its interesting you ask that because I just posed that question to the Croquet mailing list a few weeks ago (I haven't gotten any response back yet though)... it seems like it would be a great fit though ...... one thing Croquet supports though is "html on a prim" ... so you have the ability to create a surface with a typical 2D web page.
I think the best way to get people on board with a VR environment is to provide easy to use in world creation tools and if possible options to import content created in 2D and some how 3D them. I really believe that the combination of Moodle and an open source VR environment would be dynamite and having the ability to export courses from Moodle - in an XML format??? - then insert them in world and some how use primitive shapes and textures would cut down development time of in world content.

However what needs to be thought through is what type of in world metaphors can be used to engage users this might just be a trail and error... who knows .....
Any way thats my 2 cents
Cheers
Thanks for inviting me Rich. I just set up an amphitheatre in Second Life and as soon as I get the board to run scripts, I will invite all of your avatars to come and present seminar sessions in second life!

Go to the Kent State web site and look at the amphitheatre project on the island. It is still a work in progress. LOL. Suggestions are appreciated!
Hello.

I just joined this group because I'm just starting to develop virtual worlds for my music classroom. I have had student use videoconferencing and Moodle to connect to students in other countries, but I'm trying out the whole "sim on a stick" thing to see if I can get something going.

Does someone know of a good "getting started" point for true beginners (how to make avatars, grids, etc.) I know basic 3D modeling, and I know that there are WYSIWYG programs out there, too.

What has worked for you guys?

Thanks,
Charles

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service