Hello to you all. I am Anne and teach IT to students, aged 8-18, in a small country school in south eastern Australia and have just started working with web 2.0 and developed a great passion for it. I am also really interested in multimedia and podcasting. I would love to join in the virtual field trips as my grade 6 IT class is developing a podcast on the Volcano Discovery Center at Penshurst and the volcanic area surrounding center. The volcanic region around us, (Kanawinka) has applied for geopark status and we would love to connect with others on virtual field trips or just general collaboration.

Tags: collaboration, introduction, podcasts, virtual_field_trips

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anne, I would welcome the opportunity for collaborating with you. Volcanoes in Austrailia- sounds great! I also teach technology. My regularly scheduled students are grades 2-5 (yr 3- yr 6 -is that right?), but I will also work some with lower grades (kindergarten - 1st grades.) This summer I have been learning web 2.0 tools too and am planning collaborative projects with different grade levels and subjects. School begins soon, so our virtual field trip may begin in the fall (September/October for us). We are a lakeside community with protected Greenway areas which make for awesome comparisons of habitats, wildlife, and outdoor activities. Currently we are in a drought which lends itself to many real-world lessons.
What types of tools are you interested in incorporating?
Welcome to CR2.0 I look forward to collaborating.
JoNelle
Hello Anne
I Chair the Kanawinka Geopark Board, so if you need information please contact. I was enthralled to find this information and excited.

Joane
Hi Anne,
I would be interested in a series of simple one day podcasts (meaning it would take us one day to think, record and post) over the course of the year in which our kids answer the same question and could listen to one another's answers. Something simple, but yet would still give the other class a sense of life on the other side of the globe. or it could be just simply a question that doesn't necessarily show differences, but similarities. This week my kids are answering the question in their blogs "What would you do if you were not afraid?" Something like that could easily be turned into a podcast and I think the kids would be very interested in hearing the answers as opposed to something totally "educational." : ) I have 13-14 tr olds. Let me know PBogush@wallingford.k12.ct email is best!
Paul

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service