Looking for Music Educators that have used and dabbled with teaching music in a long-distance-learning environment.

As I've become more entrenched in the online connectivity aspect of the internet world, I'm wondering if any of you have successfully integrated SKYPE, USTREAM, or other technologies into your classrooms and how and what you are doing.

I've used both SKYPE and USTREAM on a number of occasions and have found them to be very useful tools, especially with regard to visiting classrooms from a distance.

J. Pisano

Tags: 2.0, audio, education, music, skype, streaming, ustream, video, web

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

Shooosh! I can't believe I missed your post here Joe! Sorry!
I like Skype for guest lectures (though we are not a distance course). We are a Further and Higher education college in Manchester, England, delivering vocational music courses. I record Skype interviews with music professionals and post them on our Ning as the start of a virtual guest lecture. USTREAM is on my to-do list!

Hi

We have developed an online resource, Aural Test Training that is used by students to develop their musical ear and to prepare for the aural test requirement of music performance exams http://www.e-musicmaestro.com/auraltests

You are very welcome to review and to give a link from your website to our Aural Test Training. It's a free Aural Test Practice resource, with the option of subscribing for a small monthly fee to an extensive aural training programme.

Aural Test Training supplements the work of instrumental and singing teachers and it is especially relevant for students who are taking ABRSM practical examinations in playing an instrument or singing. It is suitable for use in the classroom with all key stages at school and is also ideal for home-educated pupils.

I would welcome feedback please.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service