We will reflect our thoughts on the book study by July 24. Please post comments here.

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

I'm finally finished! I am so thankful that this is something we can integrate without starting something new. We are already incorporating many of the habitudes in our daily activities. This will just be a shift in my thinking to add new vocabulary and remembering to highlight the situations to the students throughout the year.

Who do I teach? My students are eager to please, want to be engaged, love hands on learning, need to move, talk, and dance. They are curious and full of questions about anything and everything. They want to be loved and feel like they are important. They are happy to try new things, will work with anybody, and help their friends become successful. They want to share their stories and thoughts with everyone all the time. They are wonderful, that's why I choose to teach kindergarten.

We are very lucky to teach kids who already embrace the habitudes without even knowing it. I just hope that my classroom and teaching style move students forward with the habitudes. My main goal as a kindergarten teacher is to make each student feel special and loved. I think that by purposely teaching the habitudes students will be able to leave more aware of themselves as learners. Hopefully I (with my team helping me) be able to accomplish this.

Thanks for your awesome discussion girls!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service