I've taught interdisciplinary courses at the high school level for eight years now. I've taught Humanities I which combines U.S. History from 1865-1920 with our school's Freshman English. I now teach Humanities II which combines U.S. History II (1920-present) with what is basically American literature.
I'm always lookign for ideas on how to better integrate the two. Currently, we are finishing a unit feature To Kill a Mockingbird and the Great Depression. I'm trying a final assessment that has students creating short documentary videos, presentations, or video games. I've used the documentary Fearful Symmetry: The Making of To Kill a Mockingbird as a model for their short videos. I'm also requiring them to use primary source pictures from American Memory.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Please share assessments, projects, or lessons that have been successful at encouraging students to demonstrate their learning across disciplines.

Views: 11

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service