I have to teach 325 K-8 students once a week. I have a shoestring budget that is likely to get cut even further next year. What are your favorite FREE computer lab resources (e.g. software, websites, lesson plans, etc.)?
Here's my starter list (in no particular order):
- Educational games. Math Baseball is a big favorite.
- My new favorite for teaching reading skills to K-2.
3. Timez Attack
- Mult. Facts. A free version is available. Very attractive to the video console crowd.
4. Daily Writing Prompts
- good for homework and keyboarding practice
5. Class Blogmeister
- class blogging
- painting program (open source)
7. Chess Magnet School
- learn to play chess with excellent lessons