Six member of Lyons USD 405 participated in three days of training during April and May. We are working towards our mentor certification. several of us would even like to pursue the option of becoming a national level mentor. The website address for the program is:
www.loticonnection.com.

The link to mentor certification is: www.loticonnection.com/lotimentorcertification.html

This program takes is similar to Intel Education. Both programs concentrate on effective questioning methods, higher-level of thinking, differentiated instruction, as well as project based projects. Where LoTi takes the next step is in establishing eight levels of technology implementation. Level 4A is the beginning of lessons being student centered and not teacher driven. Just like Intel and McREL, LoTi strives to have the teacher be a facilitator rather than a lecturer. After all, students today are wired differently than many teachers.
As a teacher and Director of Technology, it is a very important professional development issue for our school district. I truly enjoy working with teachers that want to learn new ways to motivate and inspire today's student. I am very fortunate in having a school board and a superintendent that want the best for our students. They have approved any and all ventures involving technology integration and training that I have asked for this past school year. If I can get training worked out, I am looking towards establishing our school district as a whole, or at least, one of the schools as a LoTi project school. To be honest, the five teachers that participated in the training with me were the ones to ask for this program to be implemented. Their request made me feel very good about how I have been conducting technology integration training this school year. I just hope they continue to support this vision.
If any of you that are reading this discussion are LoTi project school members, please provide us with your wisdom and suggestions for making our possible implementation a success.

Tags: LoTi, development, implementation, integration, professional, technology

Views: 40

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

SWF file to create a LoTi account for access to the "Lounge" and take the survey.
Attachments:

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service