As I am searching for a teaching position, I realize the large amount of applications that school districts receive. With the laundry list of required documents, an applicant's fine can be thick. I know that there is a program where the documents are scanned and saved on the computer, and the paper is recycled. Also, there are two websites in Pennsylvania where the applicant submits everything virtually, and no paper is involved.
Since the word office is in the group title, I was wondering how offices file paperwork from applicants?

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

At Longwood University we have many departments beginning to use Nolij which allows you to scan in documents and preserve them for a student/faculty/user. The idea is that every person has a folder automatically created and each department (Accounting, HR, IT) can put documents in that folder but only be able to view/edit the documents they have been giving access to (So Registrar can't adjust student fees and Athletics can't change grades).

I have often thought if this could be combined with tablets to allow the ability to sign a variety of forms directly on to a PDF, and get a lot more people in the habit of printing to PDF it could also help cut down on the flow of paper around our offices.
Amanda,

Everything is done & stored digitally using pa educator.net.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service