http://www.mathplayground.com/index.html

Although not affiliated with our Playground 2.0 group, the math playground looks like a nice place to play. Let's check it out and post our thoughts.

Tags: Elementary, Math, Playing

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

I played Hoops and I think this game is highly appropriate for intermediate students. After 5 correct problems, you're allowed to shoot some hoops in a basketball court.

*Scratch paper is recommended for problem solvers... graph paper for students prone to mixing up their columns.

Website Description: Hoops provides word problem practice for students in grades 3 to 5. All word problems use whole numbers only but the problems range from single step addition to multi-step equations. There are also problems that require students to interpret remainders. Solve 5 word problems. If you get 3 or more correct, you get a chance to play some basketball.
I tried hoops ... did OK on the math, bombed on the basketball !-) ...

I tried Math Millionaire ... that was fun ... until I tried to cash the check!

I tried Making Change ... interesting.

Space racer was exciting ... 'cept I can't type very fast ... guess I should use the keyboard.

Then I tried some of the math flashcards under Math Facts ... and was suitably impressed.

Next the Solve a Math Quiz ... good stuff.

On to Balloon Invaders under Math Games ... and it definitely doesn't respond fast enough over the internet for my tired old fingers. Maybe young 'uns have a better go at it.

I got through Level 3 of Calculator Chaos before my brain went dead on answers 7 and 9.

But now I've been playing all afternoon ... and I definitely have to get some work done.

Cheers!
Hilding

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service