When I was in 8th grade at New Oxford Jr. High in 1978 I was flunking english, among other subjects. I couldn't get my head past survival and I failed to see the relevence of school. On one particular book report, the teacher said we could use our imaginations to present our work any way we wanted. I was excited for this freedom to be creative and went home and grabbed an empty cereal box and went to work. What resulted was what I considered the first powerpoint done in a classroom. I got an A on this report and was so very proud of this accomplishment. The freedom to be creative had resulted in success for me and I looked forward to more chances to express my creativity but none we forthcoming. With all of the tools available today to let kids express talents that formerly went un-expressed, what possibilities await the bored, unmotivated, at-risk students that populate our classrooms? (See my contraption recreated)

Views: 15

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service