Want to share my blog post with many free tools that promote universal design for learning in our classrooms. Do you know about WordTalk, a free text-to-speech program for PCs which highlights each word as it speak? This one should be installed on every classroom computer.
Check it out and let me know what you think.
http://teachingeverystudent.blogspot.com/2007/06/free-technology-to...

Tags: UDL, specialeducation

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing all of these wonderful resources! I didn't know that so many tech tools were out there and I can't wait to start playing with the programs that you mentioned on your site such as the text to speech and study skills resources. I am so grateful for the time and effort that you put into gathering all of these materials.

I especially appreciated your comment:
"My passion is to remove the obstacles to learning for all students and these free tools offer opportunities for struggling learners that promote academic success. When material is digital or electronic, it is flexible and accessible. It is our responsibility as educators to provide materials that promote success. Please encourage all educators to consider using these free tools."

You are a pioneer for the "Inclusion Revolution!" Thanks again Karen!
Karen,

I think I let you know that I posted a link to your blog from one of my blogs- I'm wondering if you know about the Children of the Code project. I came across the website this morning and didn't have much time to look it over- yet.

Here is my blog post about it, with links to the site.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service