A few years ago I discovered this site - at the time I thought, correctly that it would be a great resource for my elementary efl students.
"SymbolWorld is a website created by Widgit Software, dedicated to people who use symbols. It has material for all ages and includes personal contributions, stories and learning materials. eLive is an on-line magazine within SymbolWorld...

SymbolWorld is designed to have clear easy navigation with large buttons for any links. It is speech enabled by the use of Browsealouda free program "

Also worth checking out: imaginesymbols for a downloadble set of symbol clipart that can be used for non commercial projects
Another site ZLANGO while not specifically for special needs could be a fun site to use - this is the blurb from the site "Zlango has created a new, inspiring icon based language which transforms web and mobile messaging into an expressive, juicy, colorful icon-based experience.
Zlango is a revolutionary, simple and practical language. It’s made up of over 200 icons divided into intuitive and memorable categories. Words, concepts or feelings can be expressed by the different icons. "

Here is a link to the ZLANGO dictionary

Example 1 no text:

Example 2 with text:

Tags: specialneeds, symbols

Views: 7

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service