I recently came across the CITEd website.

This is from the "about" section from the CITEd website:

"The Individuals with Disabilities Act of 1997 (IDEA '97) envisioned schools where students with disabilities would be given access to the general curriculum through accommodations and assistive technologies. If students with special needs are to realize the benefits of technology, there is a need to identify evidence-based, promising, and emerging practices that help address the barriers that State Education Agencies (SEAs), Local Education Agencies (LEAs), and practitioners have experienced in adopting and implementing technology. Effective technical assistance is necessary to bridge research and practice, and to provide educators with the tools they need to successfully integrate technology."

"CITEd supports leadership at state and local education agencies to integrate instructional technology for all students to achieve high educational standards. CITEd provides this support through identification of best practices, innovative online technical assistance tools, professional development, and communities of practice. Read more about CITEd's approach."

"CITEd is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs and is a cooperative effort of the American Institutes for Research (AIR), the Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST), and the Education Development Center (EDC)."

CITEd offers a variety of strategies and tips for educators, and it provides resources and information about newer technology, including multimedia applications to teach social skills.

Tags: CITEd, UDL, integration, needs, research, resources, special, technology

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

This looks like an excellent resource! I can't wait to check it out. Thanks for sharing!
Let me know what you find to be useful!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service