"Photo story 3 is a lot easier to use than Movie Maker. The only draw back is that you cannot put video clips into it like you can Movie Maker. One of my fourth grade classes created a "documentary film" on an animal that they had researched."

Well, I can't agree more these software should be designed to be as simple to use as possible while enabling to add movies and usual assets.

I have been working recently on a adventure game maker that let you create adventure games (kids) or virtual tours (educators). That one was done for a client and won't be publicly released (I will rewrite it to work in Flash/Flex/AIR AIR = Flash that works on the desktop).

I am also putting the final touch (private beta running end of this week) to another software that let young kids easily create animations. That one will be released. If anybody is interested in being sent a version for public beta testing, let me know. (primary target is PC, but the software can run on Mac OSX as well)

Any feedback on your expectations with respect to that type of software is very much welcome.

Well, one of the reasons I joined this group is because on top of being an ex-teacher, I am interested in getting feedback from teachers interested in making good use of modern technologies in their classroom. Tell me what software of this type you like to use. What are their main strengths? What about their major weaknesses? How could they be improved?

Views: 28

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

HI
I would be interested in the Beta of animation software. I use Pivot freeware for my sixth graders as an intro to stop-motion but I am interested in other ideas out there.

I also use PhotoStory quite a bit and want to get my students involved even more on an individual basis.

Kevin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service