I've been considering using blogs to encourage students to critique historical works of art, their own work and work of classmates. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Some possibilities are:
1. Post one piece of work for each student. Create a separate discussion for each picture and ask student to comment on the artwork of at least three other students, plus a reflection on their own work.
2. Post a picture for which the students can use the four aspects of critiquing a work of art: description, analysis, interpretation and judgement.

Has anyone asked their students to analyze art using blogs or other tools?

Tags: art, art analysis, art blog, art critiquing, visual art

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

I am working through this exact problem. I know I am going to use Moodle.
I will use the database module and have the students post their work. I will provide a rubric for them to download to analyze their own work. During the creative process they will post their work and 2 other students will critique their work as it is being created.
The teacher will use the same rubric to critique the students' work and read their justifications for their artistic choices.
My biggest problem is that I get many of the kids who need a credit and are not in the 'academic' stream. They hate to/can't write. So I am thinking of using VoiceThreads to have them record their thoughts.
They could use the voice thread or record their voice in audacity (free) and post their thoughts as an uploaded file in Moodle (also free).
That is an excellent idea BTW... I am going to use it!
Thanks! Let us know how it goes.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service