Hmmm, what to say about myself and what I do? Well, first of all, I have been given opportunity by the Edmonds School District to work with some of the most dedicated and caring people I’ve ever been associated with; teachers. Secondly, I have a passion for learning about, and being involved with, instructional technology. I have 17 years of teaching experience and I know that it is by far the most fulfilling career I have ever had. In addition I:
* Facilitate the work of District and inter-building groups related to the Edmonds School District’s Instructional Technology Levy.
* Collaborate with district leaders and teachers to integrate technology standards in Curriculum Frameworks and professional development opportunities.
* Work with principals, teachers and leadership teams to design plans that ensure successful implementation of the levy; with particular emphasis in working with the secondary schools.
* Acquire and disseminate current research and best practices for integrating technology into the classroom.
* Provide information and advice for buildings and programs making decisions about their technology needs.
* Work directly with staff and students to integrate technology into the curriculum on an extended schedule that involves activities outside of regular school hours.
On a personal level I live in Kirkland with my son Ian who is now 16 years old. I have a daughter Kim, who is grown and married with two children of her own. In the winter I go to the mountains as often as possible and love sliding down mountains on my snowboard or getting to the back country of x-country skis. When hanging out at home I dabble with digital photography. During summer I love to hang out at the beach, cycle, kayak, fly kites and play frisbee.