San Diego State Univeristy; University of San Diego
Dr. Rebecca Vaughan Frazee, Ed. D.
Rebecca has worked as an instructional designer and performance consultant for over a decade. Her work centers on the development of workplace learning professionals, supporting them in the move to performance consulting, e-learning, blended learning, and metrics. Recently, she completed her dissertation research on e-coaching in organizations. Rebecca has managed several large-scale projects and designed face-to-face and technology-based solutions for national, global and Fortune 50 companies. She has provided e-coaching and conducted workshops and presentations on needs assessment, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, project management, and performance improvement. Clients include San Jose State University, State of California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST), NASSCO, the Corporation for National Service, the United States Internal Revenue Service, Applied Materials, Motorola, Fidelity Investments, Deloitte, The Getty Conservation Institute, Prudential Securities, TEC International, and Eli Lilly.
Rebecca is also an adjunct faculty member at San Diego State University and the University of San Diego, teaching graduate courses in educational technology for teachers and learning professionals worldwide, both face to face and online.
Some of her publications include the following:
• “E-coaching in organizations: A study of features, practices, and determinants of use,” Doctoral dissertation study, 2008.
• “Blended Learning Opportunities,” a 2006 white paper for the American Management Association, [http://www.amanet.org/blended/pdf/WhitePaper_BlendLearn.pdf].
• “Strategies for Building Blended Learning,” in Learning Circuits, 2003, [http://www.learningcircuits.org/2003/jul2003/rossett.htm].
• “Using Relevance to Facilitate Online Participation in a Hybrid Course,” in EDUCAUSE Quarterly (2003)
• “Technology adoption: Bringing along the late-comers,” in the 2001 ASTD E-Learning Handbook.
• “Begin with the end (user) in mind: Planning for the San Diego State University campus portal,” a chapter in the book, Designing Portals: Opportunities and Challenges, 2001.
Rebecca lives in San Diego with her husband and their delightful four-year old son. In her free time, she loves to sing, write and play music.
Hope you're enjoying the winter break. I was wondering if you, your educator contacts or students would be interested in participating in a nationwide Vocab Video Contest @ MIT university. We'd really like to get more students involved from California!
You can view contest details at BrainyFlix.com Please let me know. Thanks!