Our children are the future of our world, and to ensure that it is the brightest and most opportune world possible, we need to teach our children many things, not only to prepare them but to arm them and enable them. Here are ten self-explanatory important things a mother should teach her young child:
1. Respect is not only given, it is earned, and once it's lost, it can be impossible to gain back.
2. It is not better to ask for forgiveness than permission. If you have to ask for forgiveness, you've done something you knew you shouldn't have in the first place.
3. Honesty is always the best policy. Always be truthful.
4. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
5. A little kindness goes a long way. It is appreciated...and remembered.
6. No matter what you do, always give your best effort. Strive for self-improvement in everything.
7. Start saving while you're young, because it's much harder to catch up later.
8. If you ever think you know it all, all you really know is nothing.
9. Take care of the planet and it will take care of you. Be environmentally aware and friendly.
10. Forgiveness means more than saying you're sorry. You need to feel it, too.
By helping your child build a solid foundation of self-worth, self-respect, values, morals, and ethics, you have given your child the greatest gift possible and provided him or her with the essential tools they will need to stride forward into their future and conquer it.