I feel so far behind in my reading! Working on technical stuff....
One of the best read journals for my own thinking and learning is the journal of online education called Innovate.
A quoted snippet:
The Net Generation (N-Gen) is defined as the population of about 90 million young people who have grown up or are growing up in constant contact with digital media (Tapscott 1998). Tapscott has, through extensive interviews, identified a number of changes in the way these students work and think, the key characteristic of which is interactivity (129–132). Tapscott has identified eight shifts caused by interactivity learning:
- from linear to hypermedia learning,
- from instruction to construction and discovery,
- from teacher-centered to learner-centered education,
- from absorbing material to learning how to navigate and how to learn,
- from schooling to lifelong learning,
- from one-size-fits-all to customized learning,
- from learning as torture to learning as fun, and
- from the teacher as transmitter to the teacher as facilitator. (142)
hmmmmmm......makes 'ya think !