Hi all Classroom 2.0-ers!
I just finished a new whitepaper, Sharing Student Voice: Students Presenting at Conferences
. There is more about it on the GenYES blog
, but in short, it's about how planning and presenting at a conference can be a part of enabling student voice.
The paper contains:
- Research on student voice and student empowerment, reflecting on 21st century skill development and inclusion of Web 2.0 technology
- Planning, creating, and practicing the presentation while creating student ownership
- Treating the presentation as part of the reflective process that builds student voice
- Balancing the needs of the audience with the needs of students while retaining authentic student voice
- Top Ten Tips for Student Presenters
- Logistics tips for bigger conferences and exhibit halls
- The role of the teacher in the presentation, providing context and being the audience surrogate
Please feel free to download, print, and share it! Bringing students to conferences is fun, and having them show what you are doing to use Web 2.0 technology in the classroom is really great for them, and shows the audience that this is real!