The ISTE Media Specialists SIG (SIGMS) announces the 3rd annual “Technology Innovation Award”. All teachers and librarians are invited to apply. You do not need to be a member of ISTE to apply. This award is quickly becoming recognized as a premier award to honor school librarians and teachers for their outstanding work in integrating technology into teaching and learning in their schools. Sponsored by Linworth Publishing, Inc. and Follett Software Company, the award will be presented to two teams of a school librarian and collaborating teacher who have conducted an exemplary technology program extending beyond the library to meet the needs of classroom students and teachers. The purpose of this award is to identify, promote, and sustain excellence in collaborative and innovative technology-based projects driven by the school library media center in support of curricular and instructional needs in elementary, middle, and high schools.
Awardees will be notified in April and highlighted at ISTE’s annual conference and exposition in Denver Colorado, June 27—June 30, 2010. In addition, winners will:
• Receive a one-year membership to ISTE (2 per team)
• Be featured in an article by Library Media Connection and Learning and Leading with Technology magazines
• Receive a $1,000 cash award payable to the school media center (1 per team)
• Receive a $1,000 ISTE annual conference travel stipend, if attending the conference, for each team
• Receive an ISTE's annual conference registration for each team member, if attending the conference
• Receive a $1,000 professional library from Linworth Publishing (1 per team)
• Receive a one-year subscription to Library Media Connection magazine (1 per person)
• Receive an inscribed award plaque (one per team)
• Receive promotional opportunities
Please share news of this award with any interested colleagues and forward to appropriate listservs.
Access the application at: http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Membership/SIGs/SIGMS_Me...
Chicago Public Schools Dept of Libraries
ISTE SIGMS Chair