Some interesting topics for Just A Minute. It is an activity that as an English teacher I have found very fascinating. The participant must start by repeating the topic, then continue speaking on it for a minute without pausing ( a minor pause for breath is allowed, the decision lies with the moderator), without repetition of words, ideas, and without stammering, or making grammatical errors. Remember, imagination is the key.
1. Please hang in there.
2. She walked in like a whirlwind and blew my senses away.
3. The bus was travelling too fast to stop.
4. I saw a lamb following Mary to school.
5. A cloud of dust blew off my hat, and I was left hatless.
6. Honesty is the best policy.
7. I saw him read the letter and then his face turned pale.
8. The house was in complete darkness and I saw all the doors open.
9. I had been waiting for food delivery to arrive and...
10. When I saw my neighbor's house being broken into by burglars...
11. I wandered about the city hall all afternoon and there wasn't a soul in sight.
12. My guitar and me.
13. What I do when I don't find my shoes.
14. If I were a bird.
15. I love my English class because...
16. The best advice I was ever given.
17. Advice not taken.
18. Blue days, all of them gone, nothing but blue skies from now on.
19. Imagine a world with no boundaries.
20. Every obstacle in my life has led to stern resolve.