While working withAdobe Captivate, if animation and the demonstration do not play in sync, what can we do to resolve this problem?
Let me share the solution I got while exploring many options in the tool. When you insert animation in the form of SWF file in to your captivate project, many a times it loses its synchronization with the rest of the project. Even if you have created the animation in flash in sync with the voiceover, the pace difference in playing the slides is seen.
Here are some guidelines to avoid such kind of error:
1. Ask the flash animator how many frames he kept for the animation per second.
2. In your captivate file (either demonstration or training simulation) click Edit menu and then click Preferences.
3. Under Projects option, click Publish Settings. The Frames per second combo box displays the number of frames per second used for the captivate demonstration.
4. According to your flash animation type the number of frames in Frames per second box. The idea is to match the number of frames used in animation and the demonstration. For example if you have used 25 frames per second rate in the animation, you should keep the same rate for the demonstration.
5. Right click the animation strip present on the Timeline for slide, and then click Properties. Animation dialogue box appears.
6. Click Options tab, and then select the Synchronize with project check box. This way the animation and the demonstration will play in synchronization with each other and also will give the right impact of your synced voiceover with the actions and animation.
Find this article also on: http://anujak.wordpress.com