In Complexity: A Guided Tour
, Melanie Mitchell wrote about a series of questions that were being circulated among complexity scientists. I liked the questions very much and thought that they also applied to work on innovation systems. So, I’ve modified them for that application:
1. Why did you begin working with innovation systems?
2. How would you define an innovation system?
3. What is your favorite aspect /concept of innovation systems?
4. In your opinion, what is the most problematic aspect/concept of innovation systems?
5. How do you see the future of innovation systems?
I’m going to answer each of the questions in turn over the next several weeks. Hope you take the journey with me and enjoy the trip.