My dissertation project is to create Interdisciplinary Digital Curriculum, using a full range of technologies to facilitate all class subjects, from audio production to virtual reality, and beyond. This type of constructivist learning is limitless.
Who Am I? -- Video Autobiography
The first project is the creation of a video autobiography. I start with this because each student is an expert on themselves and their family. There are several things this type of video production achieves.
Some of these are:
• Allows the student to talk to family members at length to gather stories about the family history. Their past, present and future;
• Students become familiar with historical facts and events based on the older generation's life experience;
• Creates a bound between the parents and the child;
• Allows parents, grandparents and extended family members to become actively involved in the child's' education.
• The understanding of storytelling.
Thus creating a sense of belonging and an understanding of the larger community each child lives in.