Describe the ideal 21st C teacher in as few words as possible

Hi All -

I'm working on a presentation on 21st learning and teaching, and I'm curious as to what traits Classroom 2.0 educators think are important in teaching in today's world? Keep it simple and list a word or phrase.... nothing fancy. I just want to come up with a list of descriptives of a forward-thinking teacher should look like. I've already posted this in Twitter and on my Facebook page, so if you responded there, I've got your word or words adding to my list. Examples of what I have so far are : caring, inspire, integrate, adaptive, empower.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully I'll post my preso somewhere when I'm finished!

Lucy

Tags: 21stcentury, descriptives, learning, list, teachers, teaching

Views: 14413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I've compiled the responses and you can see the list here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pfr2_hjQxlJYrJHZmgS3iEQ

My next question is: Are these descriptors really truly that different from what we wanted from teachers 10 or 20 years ago? Which ones stand out to you as truly indicative of a mindset change about education?
I like "flexible" best of all.

Thanks for sharing the list. I forgot to add my own to the list.
And now I can't remember what my word was for you. :(

Kevin
Learners!

"In times of profound change, the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists."

Not sure of source.
Eric Hoffer American social philosopher,. 1902-1983
Love the quote... this is what I found online:

The central task of education is to implant a will and a facility for learning; it should produce not learned but learning people. The truly human society is a learning society, where grandparents, parents, and children are students together.

In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.

- Eric Hoffer
Reflections on the Human Condition, aph. 32 (1973)
Lucy, (btw yours is my favorite name - both my grandmother and my little chichuhua are named Lucy)

My reply keeps it brief:

The effective Classroom 2.0 teacher teaches students how to learn.

Rosemary
empowering
flexible
forward thinking
open minded
updated
informed
lifelong learner
inspired
keen
Intrepid explorer
inexhaustible

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service